Welcome to the Chord Genome Project.
But what does this tool do?
How does it work?
And can it really help you become a better guitar player?
Hopefully, the resources down below can answer these questions – and many more.
- What Is the Chord Genome Project? – This guide explains what the platform is and what it does.
- How Does the Chord Search Feature Work? – Chord Genome lets you search for songs based on the chords they use. This article walks you through how this feature works.
- What Is the Next Best Chord to Learn? – Regardless of your skill level, Chord Genome can always recommend the Next Best Chord to add to your practice. This resource explores the basic logic behind this powerful feature.
- Using Genres and Decade Filters – You can limit song results using genre and decade filters. This guide outlines how to use those filters correctly.
- The 23-Chord Challenge – With the right 23 chords, you can play the majority of popular music out there – across rock, jazz, folk, country, pop, and soul. Read this article to learn more.
- Chord Genome Limitations – Chord Genome is a very powerful platform. But it’s not a 100% perfect system. This article explains why.
- About Me – Learn more about me – and why I launched the Chord Genome Project.
- Easy Ukulele Songs – You can play over 1,500 beginner songs on the ukulele (or guitar) using just 3 simple chords.
Have more questions?
Shoot me a quick email, and I’ll try to respond ASAP.
Better still, create a free account and discover how the platform really works.